Here in WeVidi, we have one major rule: Be decent!
That's it. Just... be decent!
We really don't like having to follow a strict set of rules by the textbook, because we know that context matters and that every case is different. Someone who didn't do anything harmful might get calls to be punished by other users and someone who did do something harmful might argue that they "didn't technically break any rules" and that their punishment is unwarranted.
We know that some people will try to bend our rules around their own interpretation to use them against us. This is not going to happen here. We've been through several communities and we know that people will try to lawyer their way around our rules to either get us to punish someone else or to avoid taking responsibility for their own actions.
This isn't a courthouse. All we want is to have a nice community and for everyone to have a good time using our site. And that is why we're taking a more direct approach:
If we see you doing something wrong, we'll do something about it.
It's as simple as that.
In case you're confused about what do we mean when we say "be decent", here's a short list of do's and don'ts to help you (and us) avoid any unnecessary drama:
1. Don't harass your fellow users
This goes without saying. Don't insult, offend or try to instigate a fight with someone else for no reason.
2. Don't post links, images or direct other users to harmful content
That means posting links to sites with viruses, videos and images that might contain harmful content, sensitive information or basically anything else that will get someone in trouble. Also, don't post anything encouraging harmful acts, such as the Milk Crate Challenge.
3. Don't abuse our website
Don't spam, don't go around trying to find exploits to screw us over, don't go making alt accounts to break our rules and avoid punishment, it's simple: If what you're about to do is going to hurt us or give us trouble, don't.
4. Mind your language
Let's talk about strong and offensive language here. Some find it funny, others find it repulsive. Our stance is that we will allow it as long as it's not being used to harass, insult or demean others. If everyone is just having a good time and saying dumb shit without anybody being hurt, great. Just don't go too far with it.
5. Don't spread misinformation
We get it, some topics not everything is clear. Sometimes there is a lot of confusion on topics. But if you're gonna post potentially divisive content, then you must cite your sources, and your sources have to be something more substantial than, "I saw it on Facebook" or "I watched a random guy on YouTube talk about it." No, you need actual, factual sources such as scientific studies, journals, accredited expert opinions.
6. No copyrighted content
All content must be original. That means no music videos, no TV clips, no movies, no reuploads from famous YouTubers, and nothing of the sort. Fair Use, remixes, reviews, critiques and edits are fine as long as the content is transformative enough.
7. No impersonation
Don't make accounts pretending to be someone else or some kind of famous brand, we'll ban you on sight. If you actually are this person/brand, or if you know someone else is pretending to be you on our site, please contact us with proof.
8. Keep it in your pants
We're not puritans, believe us. But this isn't exactly the best place to talk about that kind of stuff, so please keep that to a minimum and avoid making other people feel uncomfortable.
Again, this isn't meant to be followed word by word. Whenever there's trouble, we'll treat each case differently and we'll make exceptions if we think what someone did wasn't that much of a big deal. Remember: Just be decent and you'll be fine.
1. If we find out you're doing something that we think is reprehensible, we'll give you a fair warning. We'll tell you about what you did, and we'll kindly ask you to stop doing it.
2. Depending on how frequent our warnings are and/or if we feel you're not willing to follow our rules, we will suspend your account for a certain period of time. This might range from a day to a week, depending on the gravity of the situation.
3. If you continue to ignore our warnings, have already been suspended a number of times and/or don't show any willingness to follow our rules or to respect our community, we will ban your account permanently. Note that we still have the right to terminate an account immediately for any reason we see fit, specially if we feel said account poses a significant threat to our community and our website.
WeVidi is a home for content creators who are not pleased with the way big social media websites treat them and those who want to be a part of a nice community of like-minded people: